February 10, 2022
Last night the CDC reported Polk County’s 7-day Covid Positivity rate falling to 19.26%. While this is still relatively high, it represent a tremendous drop from a peak of 36.15% on January 21. Let’s hope and pray that this 20-day downward trend continues.
In response to this drop and the evolving nature of the pandemic, the Council has decided to adjust our Covid Protocols.
Beginning this weekend:
· We encourage you to join us for in-person worship: Saturday at 5pm or Sunday at 9am.
· We have removed our every-other pew signs.
· We have restored congregational singing to our worship services.
· We will invite you to come forward for communion,
OR to receive it in the pews with kits, depending on your personal preference.
· We will welcome people to gather after worship for fellowship.
When the positivity rate falls below 10%, we will remove the Masks Encouraged signs. If present trends continue, this could happen in the next 10-14 days. This means, for the time being, Masks are Encouraged during worship.
We will continue to offer Online Worship Services for the foreseeable future.
Currently, those online services include:
· Saturday at 5pm on Facebook Live,
· Sunday at 8am on Facebook Live & Zoom, and
· Sunday at 9am on Facebook Live.
I hope you will consider attending in-person worship this weekend.
· Attend to give thanks and pray.
· Attend to sing and to receive the body and blood of Christ.
· Attend to hear some good news and worship the God who draws near to us in the storm.
· Attend to encourage your brothers and sisters.
· Attend to thank the Staff and the Council for their hard work during a very difficult time.
I hope to see you soon!